APalbum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
APalbum

i have no idea what to write here but it's making me write something.

-------------- make sure when posting or creating a topic that you un-check "Notify me when a reply is posted" before you send it in, otherwise you'll get an email anytime someone posts. which is fucking annoying. i'll try to fix it so it is already un-checked but for now you gotta do that.

+3
Mattakalive
tristanisneat
DionTSK
7 posters

you guys wanna give this one a shot?

DionTSK
    DionTSK

you guys wanna give this one a shot? Empty you guys wanna give this one a shot?

Post by DionTSK Thu May 14, 2009 12:44 am

two (related) ideas here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NB2QYZLI

I'm thinking something along these lines for the finished product:

do you guys wanna give this a shot?
    tristanisneat
    tristanisneat

you guys wanna give this one a shot? Empty Re: you guys wanna give this one a shot?

Post by tristanisneat Thu May 14, 2009 1:32 am

Did you just make those up now? Is that you singing? I love your voice haha.
    DionTSK
    DionTSK

you guys wanna give this one a shot? Empty Re: you guys wanna give this one a shot?

Post by DionTSK Thu May 14, 2009 2:03 am

i made one of them up this morning. the other i've been toying around with for awhile and just recently finished the lyrics. thank haha.
    Mattakalive
    Mattakalive

Post by Mattakalive Thu May 14, 2009 4:16 am

I put this together real quick...it's just a clip. Let me know if this is a direction you could see this song going in any way shape or form lol. I love your voice dude. http://www.mediafire.com/?yiidtmfoqdu
    DionTSK
    DionTSK

Post by DionTSK Thu May 14, 2009 5:38 am

Mattakalive wrote:I put this together real quick...it's just a clip. Let me know if this is a direction you could see this song going in any way shape or form lol. I love your voice dude. http://www.mediafire.com/?yiidtmfoqdu
    i really like that actually. a lot. tristian, can you record bass over matt's track real quick to see what it would sound like and post it for us? chris, can you start thinking of a solo for the bridge towards the end? i'm thinking something with a lot of distortion. mark, start thinking about any changes you'd want to make to the melody. Owen, let's get a discussion on the lyrics going tomorrow. i'll post them and we can all make suggestions for changes, etc.

Kiss a painting in the morning
    And the meaning will be clearer
    Than the images reflected in
    His greasy bathroom mirror
    Lose the message in translation
    Eat the symbols like you're starved
    Even if the you're cursed with hunger
    Never mind, you'll be a star

Kid the stress and laugh back at it
    Add a quip about the weather
    Thank your Jesus for his sweetness
    He's the One who makes it better
    Let the feelings of exhaustion
    Ease their unrelenting eyes
    Enter in with arms wide open
    Nice to see to that you're alive

Kitchen sinks and closet hangers
    All in all you're feeling comfy
    "This is home", you say, nostalgic
    Hoping that you're on to something
    Like a kite in a tornado
    Easy going, overwhelmed
    Earn your badges with the strength that's
    Nestled deep inside yourself

Kitten claws your lap, impatient
    All he wants is to be cuddled
    Tickle him til he is purring
    He says, "Love me!" but it's muffled
    Loving him must take some effort
    Early on, you took the task
    Earth will thank you for this later
    Never will you lack a laugh

*hint: look at the first letter of each line and you'll find out what inspired both of those songs.
    beazer32
    beazer32

Post by beazer32 Thu May 14, 2009 9:02 am

Mattakalive wrote:I put this together real quick...it's just a clip. Let me know if this is a direction you could see this song going in any way shape or form lol. I love your voice dude. http://www.mediafire.com/?yiidtmfoqdu

i like. let's go with it. i like this one better out of the two that dion posted anyhow.

so im starting to think this album is gonna have an overall bright eyes feel to it? am i getting the right impression with that? because in that case i have one song in mind that's perfect.. its very conor oberst-ish.. i sort of had it half worked out and forgotten, but fixed it up just now, and i'm happy with it. so i'll record a little demo and put it up here soon to be judged
    SingleDoubt
    SingleDoubt

Post by SingleDoubt Thu May 14, 2009 1:33 pm

i like it a lot. i wont be home til about 6:00pm (eastern) so i cant do much with it right now, but hopefully everyone's around then so i can post some ideas and we can have a brainstorming sesh and get this one off the ground

EDIT:
    btw, i absolutely love the lyrics. i'm so excited to be a part of this.
    11:11
    11:11

Post by 11:11 Thu May 14, 2009 3:55 pm

im liking the song clip so far. i'll probably mess around with a possible backing riff later.
    Mattakalive
    Mattakalive

Post by Mattakalive Thu May 14, 2009 4:39 pm

Ok so i just extended the clip for the whole song. I'm not exactly sure when and for how long I want to come in with the synthy stuff so I was basically experimenting the whole time. The drums get a little messed up too but w/e. I got a little guitar happy and recorded a solo just for fun. Really excited to hear what people can do with this. It's in MP3 for now.

So here's a version with my solo: http://www.mediafire.com/?3dl2xomztny

and a version without for you guys on guitar to do work: http://www.mediafire.com/?0my4tvymza2

Ha the quality gives me NMH vibes.
    SingleDoubt
    SingleDoubt

Post by SingleDoubt Thu May 14, 2009 5:43 pm

kinda confused here... i know Chris and i are guitar.. are there three or four now? not trying to be a dick, im just kinda in the dark here
    DionTSK
    DionTSK

Post by DionTSK Thu May 14, 2009 5:48 pm

right now, we're just setting up how the track will look. this isn't the final version. we're about to start putting that together. i like where this is going. like, i really like how it descends into noise later on in the track.

for the guitar players: the song is only two chords. F and Bb. i used power chords in the demo for the entire song except the outro, which uses barre chords. any other questions about the track or should we start putting it together? if so, SingleDoubt, go ahead and record the guitar part and upload it as a .wav. then, mark can sing over it, matt will put synth/drums to it, tristian will add bass, and we'll go from there.
    Mattakalive
    Mattakalive

Post by Mattakalive Thu May 14, 2009 6:00 pm

SingleDoubt wrote:kinda confused here... i know Chris and i are guitar.. are there three or four now? not trying to be a dick, im just kinda in the dark here

I'm not a guitar player, but I just recorded a jam for fun on the track because I was getting into it haha. The only reason I put it up is so if you want to snag anything I did and make it better. Plus there's also a guitar-less track up there which I uploaded for you guys.

This is all just demoing for an overall direction. Obviously I don't expect you guys to take these tracks and make it into a finished product or anything. My uploads are more like, "hey this is an idea I had for the song...if you guys like it, elaborate on it"
    chris

Post by chris Thu May 14, 2009 6:31 pm

Oh wow cool I won't get home until later tonight but I will definately work on it when I do and try to get something together tonight.
    beazer32
    beazer32

Post by beazer32 Thu May 14, 2009 7:02 pm

my two cents: extend the intro so the synth-riff can go through twice. then have it full through the 2nd and 4th verses (as the lyrics are written above). and of course through to the end. that way it will stay consistent and not random and sporadic. agreed?
    DionTSK
    DionTSK

Post by DionTSK Thu May 14, 2009 7:10 pm

i do like that idea. tristian, do you have any idea what you want to do with the bass? like matt said, i'm definitely hearing a NMH edge coming out in this song.
    Mattakalive
    Mattakalive

Post by Mattakalive Thu May 14, 2009 7:14 pm

beazer32 wrote:my two cents: extend the intro so the synth-riff can go through twice. then have it full through the 2nd and 4th verses (as the lyrics are written above). and of course through to the end. that way it will stay consistent and not random and sporadic. agreed?

Totally, I was just experimenting on that so it was definitely random. I'll put your advice to use tonight or tomorrow.
    tristanisneat
    tristanisneat

Post by tristanisneat Thu May 14, 2009 8:19 pm

DionTSK wrote:i do like that idea. tristian, do you have any idea what you want to do with the bass? like matt said, i'm definitely hearing a NMH edge coming out in this song.
    I'll have to play around with it in a bit to see how much or little the bass should do. My fingers are all pruney right now from washing dishes, so it will be a bit. Now that there's a longer version of the thing with the synth, it will be easier for me to try to feel it out. If anyone has any ideas for bass, throw them out.

At the moment, it sounds like it should just be pretty basic "bottom note of the chord" stuff with a little bit of movement, but if anyone has an idea for a real "bassline" sort of moving thing, throw it out. I'll play around tonight too and see.
    tristanisneat
    tristanisneat

Post by tristanisneat Sat May 16, 2009 1:05 pm

Sorry for dropping the ball on this one, I've been kind of busy of late. I'll do it soon, but probably not tonight.
    DionTSK
    DionTSK

Post by DionTSK Sat May 16, 2009 3:46 pm

sweet. it's cool.
    SingleDoubt
    SingleDoubt

Post by SingleDoubt Wed May 20, 2009 12:15 am

ive also been really busy. i have some free time tonight though, so i'll try to learn it and hopefully add to it. did you use a capo or anything?
    DionTSK
    DionTSK

Post by DionTSK Wed May 20, 2009 1:27 am

no capo. everything open but my guitar might be a little out of tune.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:05 pm