APalbum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
APalbum

i have no idea what to write here but it's making me write something.

-------------- make sure when posting or creating a topic that you un-check "Notify me when a reply is posted" before you send it in, otherwise you'll get an email anytime someone posts. which is fucking annoying. i'll try to fix it so it is already un-checked but for now you gotta do that.

+6
SingleDoubt
tristanisneat
beazer32
rose
chris
Admin
10 posters

introduce yourself :D

Admin
    Admin

introduce yourself :D Empty introduce yourself :D

Post by Admin Tue May 12, 2009 3:12 am

yeah.

also say your account name on ap.net, and whatever you intend to do on this project, your music style, bands that influence you, and whatever else seems important. just to get a picture of who's here.

Last edited by Admin on Tue May 12, 2009 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    chris

introduce yourself :D Empty Re: introduce yourself :D

Post by chris Tue May 12, 2009 4:17 am

Hello, I am Chris (hockeycoshow1 on ap.net). If I had to categorize my favorite music it would probably be indie rock (lol almost everyone who is going to be involved in this). Some of my favorite bands are Brand New, Thrice, Pink Floyd, and Circa Survive. Ummm well the music I have recorded is just some songs I have written by myself, (www.myspace.com/adrinkprecedesastory) I will be contributing electric guitar and I will try to help contribute some bass since that is mostly what I play Very Happy .

Last edited by chris on Tue May 12, 2009 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    rose
    rose

Post by rose Tue May 12, 2009 4:51 am

i'm rose or rosie, rosieh93 on ap. i play the guitar but i'm not gonna participate musically because the only mic i have is the internal one in my computer. but i'd like to help with the artwork if this all works out. my musical taste is a bit different than most on here; i like mostly rock, classic rock, metal and folk (i enjoy many others though). Right now what i'm listening to a lot of is coconut records, conor oberst's stuff, neil young, rage against the machine, system of a down, the white stripes, and other random songs from other bands of different genres. the white stripes are my favorite band ever. i also love drawing, painting, and movies. woo

and this song.

and for now i'll just help maintain the forum i guess :]
    beazer32
    beazer32

Post by beazer32 Tue May 12, 2009 5:18 am

I'm using the same username as on AP so as to not confuse myself, but my name is Mark. I listen to a lot of soft/acoustic stuff... Jon Foreman, Damien Rice, Sufjan Stevens, Nickel Creek, some Bright Eyes here and there. I think favorite band award goes to Copeland. I'm also a big Jason Mraz fan... don't hate. I write a lot of songs, it's pretty typical singer/songwriter stuff. Here's a myspace link:

http://www.myspace.com/postagemusic

I'm from Canada but am living in Australia for the year. That's not important but now you know.

Shotgun lead vocals!
    tristanisneat
    tristanisneat

Post by tristanisneat Tue May 12, 2009 11:21 am

I'm Tristan, I'll be doing bass it seems. I'm not much of a songwriter, but if I can come up with something I'll let you know.

I listen to all sorts of music, I'd have to say right now my biggest genres would be new and old prog rock like Omar Rodriguez-Lopez and Genesis, indie folk like Great Lake Swimmers, Slowreader, and indie pop/electronic like mum, Telefon Tel Aviv, Azure Ray and others. Favourite band of all time would have to be The Beatles. I love a lot of straightforward rock stuff too, so no worries if that's how it turns out.

(I think) I put my last.fm in my signature if that worked, the last six months is a pretty good indication of what I've been listening to.

Edit: Guess the signature thing didn't work, but it's www.last.fm/user/tristanisneat

Last edited by tristanisneat on Tue May 12, 2009 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SingleDoubt
    SingleDoubt

Post by SingleDoubt Tue May 12, 2009 12:33 pm

my name's mike, i'm from boston. my favorite bands are Brand New, Piebald (obviously,) Thrice, and Boys Night Out. but in addition to those bands, i'll pretty much listen to anything. my itunes spans from Norma Jean to Van Morrison to Rihanna, so im very open minded about music and the creation of music.. so, ladies and gents, let's make a record!!

EDIT: here's my lastfm as well: http://www.last.fm/user/SicTransit2
    it wont really give you a good idea of what i've been listening to, cause my powerbook speakers crapped out on me last week, so i havent really been using lastfm lately.
    DionTSK
    DionTSK

Post by DionTSK Tue May 12, 2009 4:41 pm

I'm Dion or thespearkid on AP.net. I'm going to be doing the lyrics for this as well as taking on a large amount of the organizational process, it seems. the musicians who most influence me as a lyricist are Aaron Weiss (mewithoutYou), Sam Beam (Iron & Wine), Jeff Mangum (Neutral Milk Hotel), Andy Hull (Manchester Orchestra), Brian Warren (Weatherbox), and IARB-era Max Bemis (Say Anything). Musically, I'm influenced by Neutral Milk Hotel, early Bright Eyes, Death Cab for Cutie, and anything with a sense of musical variety.
    11:11

Post by 11:11 Tue May 12, 2009 4:43 pm

Hi, I'm Owen. Using the same name as AP. I'm into alternative/indie bands like Brand New, Mae, and As Cities Burn, but I'm also a gigantic John Mayer/Jason Mraz fan. I'm a pretty good singer, great pitch, but I don't have the greatest recording equipment right now. Trying to work on getting something tonight. I can also help with the lyrics.

EDIT: Oh, and I've got a ukulele. Just thought I'd put that out there.

Double EDIT: http://www.myspace.com/oldjerseymusic
    The first clip you can listen to get an idea of what kind of voice I have. I wouldn't suggest listening to the other older recordings, because I will be the first to admit they're not good at all.

Last edited by 11:11 on Tue May 12, 2009 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DionTSK
    DionTSK

Post by DionTSK Tue May 12, 2009 4:48 pm

Tristian, your avatar looks a little like a voodoo doll.
    chris

Post by chris Tue May 12, 2009 5:32 pm

Wow everyone's music is really good hopefully we can do something here.
    tristanisneat
    tristanisneat

Post by tristanisneat Tue May 12, 2009 10:10 pm

DionTSK wrote:Tristian, your avatar looks a little like a voodoo doll.
    Hahaha. It's actually an astronaut.
    Mattakalive
    Mattakalive

Post by Mattakalive Wed May 13, 2009 1:20 am

Hey I'm Matt (or live. on AP.net),

I play guitar, and dabble in drums (using Garageband). I've been appointed to percussion for the album so we'll see how that goes. I write songs for fun on my own and I also play in a band that I hope to share with the community once we get our shiz together. For now you can hear some of my rough stuff on http://www.myspace.com/thebetteryears. They're rough demos (try not to mind a few sections that are off key/time) that I recorded for myself so I wouldn't forget ideas, but it's all I have right now so I decided to upload them.

Feel free to get at me on AIM at comer310 and add me as a friend on AP. I've never really utilized that feature until recently so I need some friends, haha.

Post by 11:11 Wed May 13, 2009 4:09 pm

After listening to Mark, I'm convinced he should do lead vocals. I can do backing vocals or harmonies if needed though.
    DionTSK
    DionTSK

Post by DionTSK Wed May 13, 2009 5:00 pm

yeah, mark's vocals are fantastic. i was pretty blown away when i first heard them.

Post by 11:11 Wed May 13, 2009 5:32 pm

I added a few vocal demos from the mic at my mom's house (the crappier one) so you can hear my range. I think I could do solid as the backup vocalist.

(For those of you who don't want to scroll up, www.myspace.com/oldjerseymusic)
    Mattakalive
    Mattakalive

Post by Mattakalive Wed May 13, 2009 6:25 pm

Mark, ftw
    DionTSK
    DionTSK

Post by DionTSK Sun May 17, 2009 1:19 am

hey guys, i've got to do a bus tour all around charlotte for my scholarship starting tomorrow so i'll be gone for a week. see you when i get back.
    OveriseFan

Post by OveriseFan Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:09 pm

Hey guys, I'm James (OveriseFan, also, on AP) and I sing and can play acoustic guitars and probably some piano, too... though I'm not great at piano. I listen to everything, seriously. Most people say it, but I really do, and I'm influenced by everything. It's probably best to just listen to what I normally play, but I'm up for doing some heavier stuff as well.

www.myspace.com/jamesflemingmusic

Hope I can join in.
    DionTSK
    DionTSK

Post by DionTSK Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:39 pm

nice. we can definitely use the help.

Post by 11:11 Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:27 pm

Glad to have you on the team. We really need people to get this working again.
    OveriseFan

Post by OveriseFan Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:58 pm

Yeah, just let me know what I can do. I don't know what I can really add to "Empty Streets", though I might try adding some acoustic guitar picking to it.

Do you guys want me to post demos of songs? Is that how we're going about "writing" songs?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:39 pm